Rose

I have the best husband in the whole wide world. Not only does he put up with my crabbiness, he takes an avid interest in my hobbies, collections, basically anything in my interest. Two Saturdays ago, I was checking out sewing machines on craigslist. He asked if there was anything of interest. I said that there was a coffin treadle that I thought was a good buy. He asked if I had checked on it. I said no since I really didn't have funds to play with. He picks up my cell and text the guy. Next thing I know, we in the car headed to Alton to pick up Rose.

She was born in 1859 based on what I could find. Her rose and daisy decals are really in pretty good shape for her age. There is cleaning to do to see if there is any shine on the metal parts. I will need to give her a coat of clear gloss as most of it is gone now. I think she is fantastic.



Here is her coffin top and base. It's in poorer shape, but everything seems solid. I plan to refinish the wood and bring it back to its illustrious past. Needless to say, this need to get in the cue before it gets too cold,



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Gardagami

The Birthday Hull

Not Much for new